Monday, February 8, 2010
Immigrants
Most illegal immigrants should be sent back to their own country.The people who come to America with no desire to become citizens and the ones commiting crimes should be tried and sent back to their own countries.Some of these illegals are here commiting crimes against citizens and when they are caught,they sit in prison until they get a trial which has to be paid for by tax money.There are other immigrants who are not commiting crimes but living in public housing and collecting food stamps which also take away from the taxpayer.Healthcare is also provided to some and that bill is footed by taxpayers too.These people collect these benefits but somehow manage to work under the table and do not have to pay taxes.I have worked for years,paid my taxes the whole time and when i hear about this going on,it makes me angry.I know somebody who reads this will say that my thoughts are not right or not humanitarian but it is just how i feel.I know that some illegals did come here to be sucessful and to start a new life.We should help those who are desiring to become citizens by helping them get help to speak our language fluently so they can communicate with us.I think that we should also help them to get a social security number so that they can help to pay taxes when they are employed.What i am saying is that there are good immigrants and bad immigrants and the U.S. should differenciate between them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I have to agree with you there are good immigrants as well as ones who have no desire to do good at all. But we have americans who are the same and I will not say one's better than the other. I used to be friends with a couple and it wasn't til I lived with them that I saw who they really were and yes they are americans. The male gets to sit around and play xbox all day while his woman works under the table at a pizza shop in Dover. But they also get foodstamps as well as two SSI checks and so on but what makes them any better? Because their Americans? Yes I used to dwell on things like that because i struggle and live paycheck to paycheck and recieve no help. I feel in the end there will come a day for people like that, that they will have to face the music, you don't get away with doing things like that forever.
ReplyDeleteI also believed that that is what the U.S. is all about..."The Melting Pot", a place for everyone. I enjoy the different cultures and I think anyone should be allowed to come here, I also believe that until immigrants become citizens they should be assessed an extra tax for being able to live here.
ReplyDeleteI remember as a young person in the workforce about 20 some years ago, I worked with a Cambodian Refugee and I was so happy that he was here and safe and then one day we discussed paychecks and he didn't pay any taxes(or very little)and I couldn't believe it.
I can see how one would be frustrated by immigrants especially when they aren't looking for citizenship.
I agree with you Ashley,there are good and bad in every culture.The people that you refered to might be living off of the system but there is no pride in that.You were talking about living paycheck to paycheck and believe me i know what that is like.You get a good feeling after you cash your check and pay the bills even though you only have a couple of dollars left because you know that that money was earned the hard way.
ReplyDelete